Follow me on Facebook

Friday, July 13, 2012

Spiritual Laundry, Part 2

Continued from Part 1!

As we discussed, doing laundry is not just a one time thing! Neither are the covenants we make at baptism. Each week on Sunday when I attend church I renew the process. I don't get baptized again, but as I partake of the sacrament (the bread and water in remembrance of Jesus Christ, (3 Nephi 18:1-12), I again promise (or covenant) to take upon me the name of Jesus Christ, always remember Him, and keep his commandments (for addition things we desire to do click here). In return the Lord promises to wash away, or forgives my sins, and allow me to have the Holy Ghost (also called Holy Spirit, Spirit of God, Spirit of the Lord, etc.) to be with me as long as I keep these promises. This is called the gift of the Holy Ghost, where we can have the Holy Ghost to be with us at all times if we are keeping our promises to God. When we do not have the gift of the Holy Ghost, we can feel the influence of the Holy Ghost, but we do not yet qualify for his constant companionship.

Warm toasty and fuzzy!

I know some people who throw their towel in the dryer, go take a shower, and then grab the towel when they are done so it is nice and warm. This warmness fades though as the coldness of the world outside the dryer slowly cools down the towel. Before baptism, we can still feel the Holy Ghost and the warmth and comfort he can bring into our lives at times, but after baptism when we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost we can have that warmth and comfort to be with us always. Our garments having been washed white through the blood of the Lamb of God (3 Nephi 27:19) can always remain warm and comforting as we follow Christ and keep the coldness of the world away! I know our Savior loves us and always wants us to know that and be able to feel that love, so come unto Him! His arms are outstretched towards us continually. Let His warmth and love embrace you!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment