Follow me on Facebook

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Spiritual Laundry, part 3

 Continued from part 2!

Sometimes through the week we may fall, we may stain our clothes with a little dirt as we make mistakes. We can use some stain remover when we spill ketchup all over our clothes, or wash a dirt stain out in the sink. At the end of the week though, we still wash those clothes in the laundry to wash away whatever underlying dirt or smell we may have overlooked by ourselves. We can have our clothes cleaned and purified all the way through!
 When we sin, or fall, make mistakes, during the week, we can still pray for forgiveness for those sins and have them forgiven right then. But, as we partake of the sacrament each week and renew our promises with our Heavenly Father, we can have ourselves cleaned and purified all the way through to wash away those underlying things we may have overlooked during the week. We can all have the cleansing effect that comes because of our Savior Jesus Christ and his Atonement for us. I am so thankful for Him and the sacrifice that He made for me so that I can be cleansed and feel the warmth of His love all the time! I know He loves each and every one of us and invites us all to come to Him!

John 13:4-9
He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples’ feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
 8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

Will you set the time aside each week to let your Savior Jesus Christ wash you and cleanse you of your sins?

No comments:

Post a Comment